Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Class 3 Progress Reel

I have officially made it through Class 3! This also marks the halfway point for a very short 18 month journey through Animation Mentor. I've got coming up only 3 more shots to work on from here to the end. Next term is Intro to Acting and I personally think it's where the real animators are separated from the  rest.

A quick recap of the past 9 months:

This has honestly been one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through. I've completed the Eagle Scout Award with the Boy Scouts of America, which is a task that not many people can say they have done. It took a lot of time and effort, spending many hours over the course of 5 years. Until now, that was the hardest thing I had ever had to stick with and complete. Animation Mentor has topped that by far! AM is definitely getting intense and is a day in, day out, kind of affair. Everyday I have to work at it to constantly get better. But this is a thing that will never end. AM teaches people to get into the "lifestyle" of being an Animator. I've said since the beginning of this, that "Animator's are born." It was a quote I heard from the wonderful Victoria Tripp at AM. I definitely believe this and can see it unfolding as I go through the program. But, I've learned a ton over the past 9 months, and have the sketchbooks full notes to show it! :) I'm very blessed to have the opportunity to be here at Animation Mentor and have my family to thank for making it possible. Animation Mentor is not only a school, but a whole community of some of the greatest people on the earth. They are a family that looks out for each other. I've heard time and time again that the Animation industry is really small. After talking and connecting with people in the industry I can see that's true. I haven't talked to a professional yet that didn't know another professional I know or a Mentor at AM. Overall, I am super excited to use what I've learned so far at Animation Mentor to be the best Animator I can be and work my way into the industry. Just one more step closer to my dreams.

Now for Class 3, here is my progress reel all nice and rendered. It has all of my work starting with Class 3 and working back to the very beginning.


No comments: