Monday, February 21, 2011

Class 1 Week 7

So here we are, already done with Week 7 and on to 8. This past week probably has been my biggest challenge so far. This is one week I am glad I got an early start on as usual--I needed it. The assignment was to animate Tailor (the ball and tail rig) with 120 frames and at least 3 bounces. My spinoff was to have tailor jumping on a branch and run down the tree into a hole. Later in the week that turned into a love story where a girl version of tailor would be in the hole already trying to coax Tailor into the hole.

The first part I had to take care of was the "driving force," or the bouncing ball. Once that motion was polished and the way I wanted it to be, I could then start working on the tail. It took me a full day just to get a full pass on the whole tail done. It was a very frustrating day of trying to figure out how the overlap of the tail would look like--many times I had to get up and walk away from my computer for a bit to recompose myself. But once I finished the first pass it was down hill from there. I was able to clean the first Tailor up and add in the second girl Tailor. And even, I had a last minute pass through the entire animation thanks to the help of a friend in Class 2 to clean up the entire thing before it was submitted. Now I am very happy with the final results.

Finally, here is my assignment for this week:

Here was my initial plan from the beginning of the week:

1 comment:

Matthew Long said...

Hey Corey, just checkin' in and see how your 1st term is going. Your work is looking really good. You seem to have a nice handle on polishing up your splines and a nice sense of weight and timing. Keep up the nice work.