Saturday, January 7, 2012

Class 5 Week 1

I'm back! :) Its been a great holiday break, but I'm so excited to be back in the swing of things!



Now I'm in Class 5 at AM. My mentor this term is an awesome guy named Brent Homman. He's an animator from Disney. He's worked on the movies Tangled and Bolt. Also he's worked on the new short, Prep and Landing. Some of you may remember a short film he worked on called A Gentleman's Duel.  But currently he's working on a new film by Disney called Wreck It Ralph.

We wasted no time getting started in Class 5. We had to do the planning and blocking for our facial animation of the shot we left off with. So here's the fruit of my labors this week and the newest version of my "Interrupting" shot!

Sketch books to show the planning for the facial. Both the phonetics of the dialogue and some key facial poses I wanted to try.


This is the dialogue from my shot written out. Above that is the dialogue written Phonetically, much like a road map for my animation. What's circled in red is the more important shapes I have to hit and the blue is second important.


Here's video reference for the facial as well. I explored different reactions I could use. But this is one that I probably took the most out of and will study even more in the next couple weeks.



And finally, here is how my shot looks now. Still have two more weeks to polish and fix the lip sync.



No comments: