Monday, November 7, 2011

Class 4 Week 6

Holy Tomatoes! It's already Week 6 and halfway through the 4th class! :D This is going by crazy fast, seriously. But this week in class, we are starting into the meat of acting. We had to search all over the internet to find dialogue clips from either movies or television shows that we can animate one person acting to. Then after I get graded for this week I'll know which one of these 3 shots that I'll actually block out and do for next week.

So, here are the 3 clips I found:


After finding the clips, I had to listen to them hundreds of times to get a feel of what was really going on in the shot. I especially had to listen for the "subtext" of each one. Then I went and tried to act these shots out to get some video reference. These are the best takes of each three.


Then I made VERY rough sketches of the ideas that I want to get across. I kept these extremely simple because I didn't want to a lot of extra work planning every little detail when I'm only going to pick one of these in the end.





But wait! There's more! 



The real highlight of my week was this past Saturday. I had to privilege to spend the day with Ed Hooks, author of Acting for Animators, and take his masterclass. This was an event that I had been waiting months for, and thanks to the help of Brian Phillips, MG Collective, and Heartland Truly Moving Pictures, we were able to make the event a huge success! I was so humbled and grateful to spend the day with and learn from such an inspiring person.

And I apologize for the "acting errors" in my planning and video reference. :) I finished my assignment before I went through his class, but trust me I'll fix it before I got into blocking!

Happy Animating!



No comments: